Our Team Is Ready for January 4th!
An upcoming OSHA rule will require all employers with 100 or more employees to ensure their workforce is fully vaccinated or require unvaccinated workers to produce a negative test result weekly to be eligible to work. OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard
Considering OTC or VIDEO VISIT testing? Here’s what you should know.
- President Biden recently directed all US employers with more than 100 employees to provide weekly, no-cost COVID testing for all unvaccinated employees.
- The cost of implementing a weekly testing program ranges from $25 to $85 per test, leaving many employers scrambling to find options near that lower-end price point.
- The lowest-cost COVID tests come without service and are known as Over the Counter (OTC) COVID tests. OTC COVID test options include:
- Abbott BinaxNOW (which we found to be the worst performing COVID test on the market)
- Quidel ClearVue
- Ellume Rapid Antigen test (also poor performing)
- CareStart OnGo by AccessBio
- Using these OTC options for recurring employee testing is not a stable solution because of supply issues among literally every manufacturer. there is limited access and inconsistent supply throughout Arizona.
- Another issue with using an OTC test is lack of evidence that the person submitting results was the person tested. Without the ability to validate a result, employers are implementing a testing policy for a life-or-death virus based on the honor system. If an outbreak occurs, this kind of policy is not defensible as a best practice.
An Affordable Employee Testing Solution:
On-site testing conducted by an in-person healthcare worker is and will remain the industry standard for a best-practice employee testing strategy. With a professional conducting testing there will be no issue with the quality of the samples collected, interpretation of the test results, comfort of employees in knowing their test is accurate and professional. Plus, all results are lab-validated.
In-person employee COVID testing conducted by healthcare workers is expensive, ranging from $45 to $85 per test. This varies depending on the number of tests administered per visit and other details like location and duration of a test event.
The sweet spot for employee COVID testing is what’s called Video-Visit Covid 19 Testing.
Video Visit Covid 19 Testing provides lab-validated results, ensures samples are properly corrected and results are accurately interpreted, and allows for greater efficiency by testing groups of employees on a single video call. Results are forwarded to the employer (signed release from the employee) to manage testing data. Meanwhile, employees access a PMG Patient Portal where their results are stored and available as a passport to enter the workplace and even for events outside of work.
This Video-Visit Covid 19 Testing costs just $35 to $55 per test, but that’s not the biggest economic difference. It is the fact that employees can get tested without losing productivity from waiting in line. What’s more: No one from your organization must host/organize an on-site event, chase employees for their self-test results, or organize all that data.
Streamline Your Corporate Testing Program
To learn more about this best-in-class solution for employee COVID testing, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here to serve your schedule & your employees
We design testing programs that accommodate shifts, multiple job sites, and everything in between. We do what’s best for you. Let’s create a comprehensive operational plan.
Keep Weekly Employee COVID Testing Under Control
Flexible: Employees can be tested from home, their car, at the office or in a room with coworkers.
Results Confirmed in Real Time by Proctors on Remote Video
Be compliant – keep employees productive – manage schedules – reduce costs.